Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Canolich

It was a beautiful sight
Up at the church


My car

My open roofed house



The sound of Music moment


My walking stick, it really helped



The bread


People waiting for their free bread



A man and his dolly



he reminded me of my nephew, what a cutie




climbing up the mountain


The flag


Canolich is areligious holiday but it didn't seem so religious to me. We hiked up the mountain, young and old, to a little church. They had a service but most of the people were just wainting for the bread. I took one loaf and felt strange, everyone else took as much as they could fit into their bags. I guess I need to stop worrying about others and be more like them, I don't know. We then had a little picnic before going back down the mountain. It was a good experience and I got to take part in their culture!













4 comments:

Shayne and Amber Hoskins said...

I love the pics...looks like you have a car, house, food:) what more could you need or want right?!? We are counting down the days(or at least Paige is) till you come home:) love ya and keep having fun

Marlene said...

The country side is sure pretty there! And don't worry about how much bread you took! Take what you need and need what you take!
So, where is this place?

Autumn said...

It is in the southern part of Andorra, about 15 intues from the Spanish boarder or maybe shorter if you go over the mountain

Marta said...

I love your car, a disguised mini-cooper? And the fresh air in the house, ahhhh. I love the man with the dolly!