Thursday, August 20, 2009

Budapest

Look out point of Buda
Turkish Bath in Pest

walking along the Blue Danube, not so blue anymore


Plaza in Pest


The parlement in Pest

Castle of Buda

Plaza in Pest


Tower of babel???

Castle in Pest, it even had a mote, not many do.


Pest side relaxing by the blue Danube

Statues at the castle of Buda

waterfall coming down from the castle walls, Buda

On the Buda side looking down over the parlament of Pest


Buda lookout point



Ok, if I go slow I might get some of my pictures displayed, it is too hard to get them all up but here is a very very little taste. Budapest has 2 sides, Buda and Pest. I started in Buda and then went to Pest. I'll try to put a slide show together or something, until then enjoy Hungary!!

2 comments:

Marta said...

It is so beautiful over there, and it looks like you really had fun. I love seeing it

Marlene said...

So seriously, two sides so they combined for one name? I never knew that! Now I have learned my one new thing for the day and so can I go back to bed?
Wondered, do you know the story behind the statue of the guy with the bags? He looks so heavy laden and discouraged......kinda sad.